Wednesday 31 December 2008

Goodbye 2008

 sskhnytoast62

Good evening, sorry to be so late with this post but all the family arrived just as we got home from our day out and stayed to tea and have just left. Would have left this until tomorrow but I had been preparing this photo entry all day and wanted to get it in this year. It is a very cold night here as I think it is all over the UK today we have -3 c here that's 27f which is cold for here and it is still only 9pm. 

DSCF0684

This is the last sunrise of the year from my bedroom window it was not spectacular but it was very pretty. As we would be away all day and we would be travelling back into the sunset I thought I may just be lucky enough to record sunrise and sunset on the 31st of December.  We had a lovely day out a nice run in the car to St Andrews (I think I should move there) had a picnic watching the tide come in stopped off at Birnie Loch on the way home will show pictures of that later maybe tomorrow. As we travelled home again the sunset got better and better until finally I thought this was the best I would be able to get.

DSCF0696

When we arrived home I was in the kitchen making a nice hot drink after a cold day out and this is what I saw out of my Kitchenette window.

DSCF0703

If you look very carefully in the left hand corner you will just make out Venus it looked a lot closer than it does in the picture it was very spectacular to see I have never seen it like this before the sky was so clear.

 DSCF0712

Finally this is the way it looked after dark no other stars were visible it looked strange just The New Moon and Venus.

So now it just leaves my to wish you all a Very Happy New Year. 

                         Love

sskhnysig711-Copy-Copy3-Copy

14 comments:

Missie said...

Happy New Year!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm glad you had such a nice day and that you took the time to share it with us too. Happy New Year to you!
'On Ya'-ma

Marie Rayner said...

Happy New Year Joan! How wonderful that you were able to catch both the sunset and the sunrise! Beautiful pictures!

Jeannette said...

Happy new year Joan and Stuart! I saw the moon and venus like that, it appears over the sea for me, it's been up there for a couple of nights now, very pretty! I love your sunrise and sunset photos too. So did Ellen finally get her pressies and are they all well again? I hope so! Love Jeannette xx Happy New Year!

D said...

I saw the moon and venus but no camera with me. Happy New Year. May 2009 bring all good things
hugs

Jan said...

A Very Happy New Year to you and Stuart, Joan ,I can understand why you wanted to post your pictures they are exceptional ,you must be proud to have been in the right place at the right time and to record these great pictures well done ..love Jan xx

Bunny said...

Joan, I saw that the previous night. Venus was amazingly bright, but my photos were not very sharp.
Happy New Year to you both, and good health.
Bunny xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

Beautiful pictures Joan ~
Wishing you and Stuart a Happy and Healthy New Year ~ Ally x

Unknown said...

Happy New Yeaar to you too. I love the pictures of the sky. Reminds me I need to start starglazing again.
Laini

Sal said...

I love the moon pictures Joan, they are wonderful! Just stopped by to wish you a very happy 2009. Take care,
Sal.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing that all the way over here in Wisconsin we saw the same new moon and Venus in the sky last night. It's such a small world. Happy New Year and keep showing us the beautiful photos.

Sybil said...

Morning Joan...Am I too late to wish you and Stuart a Very HAPPY NEW YEAR..
Thank you for sharing these wonderful photo's well worth framing them as it isn't all that often that we get both sunrise and sunset so beautiful.
I had a call from my friends in Elie yesterday morning and they were saying how cold it has been.
Keep warm friend,
Much Love Sybil xx

Kath said...

"A Very Happy New Year " to you and Stuart too Joan.Good to be back seeing your lovely pictures and reading you again.Thankyou for your comments to me throughout 2008, much appreciated and may I say I wish you and yours everything you wish for yourselves for 2009.Take Care .God Bless Kath xx

Sandra said...

Hi Joan, Happy New Year! Poor Stuart, he must have felt awful, I`m glad he`s feeling better now. We saw Venus too but my camera doesn`t take clear phtos at night, thanks for showing us yours. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Blogs I read.