Wednesday 17 December 2008

Photobucket
Good Evening it seems ages since I did an entry between one thing and another and the time of year too. First I lost my connection on Sunday morning until Monday night we did try everything as we don't like to phone as they are so hard to understand but we were forced to in the end but it was a simple thing and we managed to get back on line within a a few minutes. When you have been offline for a couple of days when you look in on dashboard and see how far behind you are it panics you. If I missed you our I am sorry I will get back up to date soon. Today I have had Ellen all day, she came off school last Friday. We have been baking we made Shortbread and gingerbread men and biscuits all turned out well and she really enjoyed herself. Richard our son usually calls for her on his way home but unfortunately his is laid low with flu. He has been fighting it for a week but today the flu won and he had to go back to bed. We took Ellen home but did the enter the flu infested house lol don't really want to be ill for Christmas.
So I am sitting here feet up and I am absolutely exhausted my back is killing me. I knew there was a reason I stopped baking more than one thing at a time the reason my back, standing for a long time definitely effects it. I have taken a couple of my back pills and I have a hot water bottle on it and it is easing off. Can't believe it so near to Christmas cards are done and away but the wrapping is still to be done I suppose it will all get done it always does. Off now to watch a film and relax so till next time. Love

Photobucket















Can't believe it so near Christmas at least cards are away but have not started to wrap anything yet but ther is still plenty of time yet, famous last words. I suppose we will all get there we always do. Think thats about it for tonight

12 comments:

Sugar said...

yes, can easily get behind on posts, but not to worry...we're still all here. :)
sorry to hear you had connection probs, i hate when that happens! grrr
cookies sound yummy!
home your son is feeeling better soon.
rest your back & take care.
huggies...

Jeanie said...

Don't fret Joan. We are not going anywhere. Lol!
I can empathise with your bad back. Standing does make it worse. I don't suppose supervising the baking of the shortbread etc didn't help. You don't realise how long it takes to bring it all together to completion.
I hope you don't catch the flu. I have had a jab so hope to avoid it if I can.
Just make sure you keep well and warm.
I have stil to wrap up my presents too.
As you say... they always get done.
Enjoy your film...we are watching The Royal Variety Performance. Cliff is on at the moment.
Hugs
Jeanie xxx

Unknown said...

Wonder waht was up with you internet - a bit like having your limbs removed!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I cannot stand for long period either and often sit to do alot of things I used to stand up for. I have a nice cushioned chair at the table in the kitchen just for that purpose. I remember my grandmother doing the same, so I suppose it must come with age as a good many other things do too. It sounds like fun though to have your granddaughter helping out. I don't get such pleasures as you know they are all too far away.
Glad you are back online. I know it's frustrating when things don't work as they should. 'On Ya'-ma

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

I can't believe Christmas is creeping so close also. I know what you mean about being offline and looking at the dashboard. My AOL had to be reinstalled, then I was offline for well over a day after that. Ugh, the entries I missed. I panic but did get somewhat caught up. Baking gingerbread cookies is fun but glad you are relaxing now. xx

Jean said...

Hi Joan I hope your son is feeling better.It hurts my back to stand for long. I did a little baking today the children will be here this weekend. You take care and hope you have a Merry Christmas. Jean

Missie said...

I have some presents to wrap yet also. Christmas will be here before we know it!

Marie Rayner said...

Sorry to hear you have had computer problems. It is always so frustrating and then when you call it's very difficult to understand the person you are talking to as they are invariably foreign. Glad you got it sorted though. I pretty much have it all done except for buying the food for our Christmas dinner. I will do that early next week. It will be a nightmare I know, but I'll just have to brave the crowds and get it done . . .

Bunny said...

`It always does' is one of life's most comforting sayings!
Wise of you to steer clear of the flu germs, there is such a choice of bugs at the moment.....

Jan said...

Isnt it funny the things we now cant do for long ,because of our backs ,when years ago we took it all in our stride ,Dont worry Joan it will all get done ,Im sure ..love Jan xx

Jenny said...

I have got very behind with my reading and comments, it is hard to do everything this time of year.
Jenny <><

Jeannette said...

I'm so behind this Christmas I think I may cancel it and try again next year! I've not done a single card yet and probably won't bother now. I'm still doing 12 and14hr days at work which leaves no time to sit and write cards. I'm glad you got the internet fixed, I've been without it for up to three weeks at a time this year. The last couple of times I called AOL I spoke to a Scottish person straight away, they were really helpful! I hope you had fun with Ellen, I'm sure your shortbread and gingerbread men were beautiful! Jeannette xx

Blogs I read.