Thursday 4 December 2008

Thank you so much






Good afternoon, first of all I would like to thank you all for all your good wishes on my birthday on Tuesday it was appreciated very much. I was a bit upset on Tuesday as my only son and his family forgot my birthday so I just had a lonely solitary birthday card on the mantle. I did not expect to see him till Wednesday when he comes to pick up our granddaughter after her tea with us as we pick her up from school on Wednesdays. All I needed was a wee phone call or even a email would have been enough. Must admit it did upset me, he did arrive last night full of apologies. I said I may have forgiven him by next week.

We were promised a good deal of snow overnight but none came well one flake deep and you can hardly call that a significant fall can you. There have been lots of complaints against the weather forecasters as they have made such a big mistake I know some part of the country have had a few inches of snow but nothing like they forecast yesterday. With all the wonderful equipment you would think they could do a little better. I think many people had taken a days holiday so not to get caught up with all the bad weather so they have wasted a precious days holiday for nothing. Me you can tell I am disappointed we did not get any. Just a kid at heart age 66.

Our favourite winter sport started yesterday so we recorded it. It's biathlon time again great so off to watch yesterdays' Till next time. If you think you have read this earlier I had to delete my entry as something went wrong and I could no access my journal again so it' fixed now and I have rewritten it I hope. Till next time Love Joan.




11 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm sorry your son forgot your birthday. The present doesn't matter but a card does somehow...doesn't it? I hope you two make up soon.
We had a lot of snow here in the Lakes but it's raining now so I hope it disappears quickly.

Enjoy the biathlon..I would love to spectate with you.
Cheerio for now Joan.
Love
Jeanie xx

Bunny said...

Oh, poor you, Joan.....reprisals should be taken I feel. Sent to Coventry for several days.
Love, Bunny.

Unknown said...

Oh bummer............I need my wife to remind me of dates it ahs to be said...........but maybe not for my mother whose birthday is in August...........erm.............erm.......sometime.......I think

Ally Lifewithally said...

Joan so sorry to hear your Son forgot your birthday ~ I don't think they do it on purpose they have so much to deal with these days ~ hope you forgive him sooner rather than later :o) ~ enjoy your winter sports ~ Ally x

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do know how you feel when they forget us. They don't do it intentionally I think they are just so busy it's not top on their list of priorities. Glad he did apologize anyway. Weathermen and doctors both often have trouble with their predictions. Education isn't everything for sure.
'On Ya'-ma

Jan said...

Kids A? always in their thoughts arent we? bless em ! ,We havent had any snow ...dont really want any either, take care dear ..love Jan xx

Yasmin said...

Sorry your son for got your Birthday, doubt he will forget next year, there s a lot of snow around but not down here thank goodness, just cold. I thought I was one for watching sports but I've never watched a Biathalon.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Belated happy birthday, Joan. I'm so sorry I missed it. I just haven't had time to get online much this week after work. I seem to be so tired. Grown children just seem to forget things like birthdays. They don't realize even a simple card would mean so much. I hope he makes it up to you and you forgive him soon. Mine are like that also. xx

D said...

awwww I'm sorry your son forgot... I can only imagine the hurt.. but in this day and age I think young adults have their schedules so jam packed full it's no wonder they remember anything... but Mom's birthday... :( Hugs to you my friend I hope he does wonderful things to make it up to you

Marie Rayner said...

Lovely pic as always Joan. So sorry your son forgot your birthday, but glad that he did come through in the end. Better late than never they say. I never hear from any of my kids, not on birthdays, not on Mother's day, nor Christmas etc. I sometimes do get a belated message, a hurried scrawl on face book or somesuch, but I so would love to hear from them on the day. I don't want pressies or cards, just an I love you, Happy Birthday would mean the world to me. We did get a lot of rain yesterday, but no snow.

Sybil said...

Hi Joan, it dies sem nowadays that the young ones are not very good at remembering birthdays or thank you letters etc. Wonder of we forgot them it would make any difference...perhaps not ! Sorry you didn't get the snow !! glad we didn't have any....
Love for now Sybil xx

Blogs I read.