Saturday 27 December 2008

Nearly at Year End.

Queen of the Night
Good Evening, the lady above is the Queen of The Night a painting by Erte and I put her up there because she is on the cover of my new diary and I thought she was lovely. Stuart always puts a diary in my Christmas stocking every year and this is the 2009 edition.

Today was a much nicer day than it has been since Monday cold bright and sunny so after our usual coffee at our usual coffee shop we decided to go for a walk, just local but the air was cool and crisp just what you need after all the lethargy of the last few days. We headed to the to the side of the loch today to walk a bit more of the new path around our loch. The first picture below is of the Lock Keepers house where the sluice gates are.
Photobucket

As you can see the water flows right under the building. Today there was a lot of water being run off from the loch. It is these sluices that regulate the height of the water in the loch, the next picture is one of carved seats that are placed around the path it has a lovely inscription on it ..

Photobucket
WHERE ONCE SARGASSO EELS CAME BACK TO BREED,
SLUICE GATES CLOSE TO STEM THE WATER SPEED.

We really enjoyed our walk it blew away all the cobwebs and made us feel much more alert and not so tired, I find when I am in for a few days I get so tired and feel so cooped up I just have to get out. Never mind another week and all will be back to normal thank goodness. Off now to watch Foyle's War I know it's a repeat but it is a favourite of ours so till next time Love. Joan.

10 comments:

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Gosh, Joan, that painting on your diary is lovely. Thanks for showing us. I just love the loch keeper's house and the way the water runs under it. You do have beautiful things to walk around. Enjoy your telly....xx

Sugar said...

your 2009 diary has a beautiful painting on it!
love the pics you shared, so lovely.
enjoy folyes war.
huggies...

Yasmin said...

I was going to watch Foyles War, but watched the Fame thing on the other side..not that good lol, TV has been poor this Christmas. Lovely pics as usual, hope the family are feeling better.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Jan said...

I love your Diary ,do you write in it each day ? Ihave loads of old diarys with what Ihave done during the first week lol ,the pictures at the loch are super ,I have recorded Foyles war its a favourite of ours too ..love Jan xx,

Marie Rayner said...

We like Foyle's War as well. Great looking painting for your journal cover! That Stuart has great taste! I enjoyed seeing the pictures you have shared with us and your very informative narrative. A pleasure as always.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How nice you got out and enjoyed the day. I'm a little behind reading your journal as I was away yesterday visiting. I think that you made a visit to my journal this morning before I had the pictures in the side bar of my day. I have them there now if you want to see them. Hope your Sunday is a good one! 'On Ya'-ma

Jeannette said...

The picture on the diary is gorgeous, I used to keep a diary but now I only keep one to record my staffs' holidays. I always feel I've got no energy if I don't go out too. Funny how a spot of walking in the fresh air makes you feel so much better! It's bitter down here now and has been since Christmas. Have a very hapopy new year Joan and Stuart! Jeannette xx

Jeannette said...

The picture on the diary is gorgeous, I used to keep a diary but now I only keep one to record my staffs' holidays. I always feel I've got no energy if I don't go out too. Funny how a spot of walking in the fresh air makes you feel so much better! It's bitter down here now and has been since Christmas. Have a very hapopy new year Joan and Stuart! Jeannette xx

Bunny said...

I know that cooped up feeling, Joan. Went out and cut down a few dead things, and felt much better!

Sandra said...

Hi Joan, I love the photos, especially the lock keepers cottage. Imagine living there with the water flowing underneath. I love the inscription on the bench too, how I would enjoy walking in your beautiful surroundings...sigh.

Love Sandra xxxx

Blogs I read.