Friday 26 December 2008

Boxing Day Roundup.

Photobucket

Good Afternoon, I hope you are all having a peaceful Boxing Day, after all the activity of the last few days.
This was Stuart and I's 49th Christmas together and believe it or not it is the first time we have have spent it alone just the two of us. With our one and only son and his family all in bed in varying stages of the flu as I said in my Christmas eve entry we were not going up for our usual Christmas Day visit. We had a lovely day very quiet and peaceful did not have to be up too early. After we opened our pressies which were all very nice we watched the Watchnight Service I recorded from Inverness it was lovely. Then got stuck into doing the lunch which I did not expect to have to do but have done it so often it was not any bother. Everything turned out just fine and we really enjoyed it. We phoned the flu victims and chatted to them, Ellen as in good spirits must be hard for her with Mum and Dad not well. Hopefully they will be better soon.
Today we managed to get out this morning for a bit of a walk but it has not been a very nice day here very cloudy and dark hoping it will be better tomorrow with bit of sunshine. Just off now to make a meal guess what, left over chicken from yesterday like everybody else I suppose. Stuart is watching Madagascar and doing a lot of laughing so it must be funny. Till net time, Love

Photobucket

11 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad you are both doing well and enjoying the day. I am being very lazy here and slept in this morining as well. It is chilly dark and overcast here so I'm staying in and keeping warm.

Ally Lifewithally said...

I hope your Son and his family will be feeling better soon ~ glad you had a nice peaceful day with Stuart ~ and glad you managed to get out for your walk even if the weather was not too good ~ Ally x~

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

I'm so glad you and Stuart had such a lovely day even though your son and family are ailing. Poor Ellen. 49 years....a huge pat on the back. That is a lot of Christmas'. xx

Julie said...

Glad you had a lovely quiet day, sometimes they are just the best. I got a calendar from Jeanie over in the lakes, is it boxing day today for you? I think that was on the calendar or is it coming up. Have a great day.

Sugar said...

happy you had a lovely Christmas.
Happy Boxing Day to you. :)
huggies...

Jan said...

So pleased you enjoyed your Christmas together ,Maurice and I did ,but he goes back to work tomorrow ,I hope your son and his family are over the worst now..love Jan xx

Sandra said...

Im glad you had a nice Christmas anyway.... We have spent 55 Christmas together now.... married 52 of them... Hope you can get together with your son and his family soon
Sandra

Yasmin said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas, hope the family are recovering so you can have your get together soon.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Marie Rayner said...

Glad to hear you and Stuart had a lovely day Joan. I am coming down with the dreaded dirge now myself. At least it waited until after the festivities were over!!!

Bunny said...

Isn't it nice to have a please yourself guilt-free day?
Hope the stricken ones are taking a little nourishment by now. Good job you side-stepped this one.

Jeannette said...

I'm glad Ellen hasn't fallen victim the flu, must've been hard for her to not have her normal expected Christmas but I know you'll make it up to her later when her mum and dad are well. I can't believe you and Stuart have never had a Christmas alone! I'm glad you had a nice quiet day and enjoyed yourselves. Jeannette xx

Blogs I read.