Tuesday 21 October 2008

Monday/Tuesday.

Here we are Tuesday already. Yesterday we had our usual trip to a very stormy St Andrews I just love it when it is like this unfortunately the tide was just turning when we were there and we did not get the real effect of the wind which was onshore . The tops of the wave were blowing off and the sand was blowing along the beach but I think it would have been better around five in the evening once the tide was farther in.


Today it is bitterly cold I think the wind is coming out of the north and is holding the temperature down a good few degrees it has been so bad we have not been out for our walk today. We did do our recycling of glass this morning and this afternoon I had an appointment at he hypertension clinic for my checkup all the news was good blood pressure was normal which for me is fantastic. Stuart is now finishing a painting he started last week and I will potter on here and maybe finish my book have only got about ten pages to read, that way I will get to start a new one tonight when I climb the stairs to bed, hot water bottle under arm for cold feet.
All seems very quiet here today no more new entries to read everybody must be busy. More and more of our AOL friends are joining us soon we will all be together again.So I will say goodbye till next time and go an finish my book. Love
Joan.

13 comments:

Yasmin said...

It has turned cold and I've got my hottie at the ready, I'm sadly behind on my reading..lol

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Jeannette said...

That photo is stunning, I love the look of the waves. Glad all was well with your bp. I have no books to read at the moment, must get something. I find it much quieter here on J-Land, it seems to be the same few people posting each time and lots of people have gone missing. It does seem a shame. Keep warm.

Unknown said...

too busy reading to write!

Unknown said...

too busy reading to write!

Missie said...

It's cold here on the east coast of the US too. Enjoy your day.

Jeannette said...

I was thinking how quiet it was here too! The photo is gorgeous, looks very dark and menacing! It's turned cold here even though the sun is out! Enjoy your book! Jeannette xx http://jeannettesnewtravels.blogspot.com/

Lainey Laine said...

I just went into your old blog Joan, thought that was your new one! lol So I guess this is your new blogger one! I feel it is very quiet on blogs too. I do hope everyone keeps up with journaling. Laine xxx
http://lainey-lainesworld.blogspot.com/
http://lainecreative.blogspot.com/

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Cold and windy here today. I'm at work and taking a break. Good day to be inside. 'On Ya'-ma

Sandra said...

I love love love the lily on the top of your page!!!! favorite flower and the color is just striking
Sandra

Jan said...

It has turned cold ,great to get to see the sea in all its moods Joan ,I posted an entry yesterday ,and I am reading Linda La Plants Cold Blood at the moment ,I know how you feel ,the anticipation starting a new book is great ...love Jan xx


http://serendipitylives-jan.blogspot.com/

Marie Rayner said...

It's gotten quite cold here as well Joan, but then I guess we are nearing the end of October so it's to be expected. That picture is lovely!

Sara said...

Glad all the news was good news m'dear.

Nothing nicer than snuggling up in the warm with a good book on a cold day :o)

xxx

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Love the photo! We are getting some very cold weather here especially at night. I need a foot hottie soon. Glad your BP is good. I also have hypertension. xx

Blogs I read.