Sunday 16 November 2008

Quiet Peaceful Sunday







Good afternoon, beautiful day up here in Scotland nearly clear blue sky and not to cold. We were out for our walk this morning and for our Sunday paper. The trees around where we are still have some leaves and the Larch trees are still a vibrant orange are at their best just now. Watch our for Waxwings just now as there has been a big influx of these beautiful birds this last week or two all over the UK. We were not fortunate enough to see any today maybe tomorrow.










I have been really enjoying the drama series of Merlin that is on straight after Strictly Come Dancing on a Saturday evening (repeated Sunday BBC2 11-30am) the cast has been superb Richard Wilson is playing Giaius the Camelot's pharmacist John Hurt as the voice of the spectacular dragon. It has been a superb series and I do hope they make a follow up. If you have not seen it Merlin is very young in this and Aurthur is only coming of age so it puts a new slant on the story. I hope you get the chance in the US to see this if your TV stations buy it from the BBC. Enough about the telly other than to say who will go out tonight in the dancing I think it will have to be John.

We are now going to watch a movie about Akhenaten's tomb, sounds good we will see it's supposed to be a Indiana Jones type movie and while I am watching I have a pair of jeans for Stuart to shorten, we bought them in the summer and I have been forgetting to do them all this time. Time to get to it. Till next time Love Joan.

11 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Sounds like the perfect Sunday afternoon...Thank you...usually the first comment on a new post is yours and you always make me smile...i'll be very careful driving today....thank goodness i do not have to drive on the black ice!!.....Linda

Jan said...

Yes surely John has to go this week ,only because it isnt fair to the other contestants ,the public love him dont they ? ...love Jan xx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How nice to have some blue skies and sunshine! I need some of that for sure. Well I am busy trying to make my own here. Just back from church and enjoying another cup of coffee and a sweet to go with it. I love coming on line and seeing entries and comments from my friends as I sit alone with the beagle and catch up . I hope you enjoyed your movie and got the jeans all done. Jeans aren't easy as the denim is hard to work with. Take care!
'On Ya'-ma

Ally Lifewithally said...

Joan it has been a beautiful day here in Norfolk ~ cold but lovely and Sunny ~ the leaves on my apple tree have turned a beautiful red ~ almost as pretty as the apples were before we picked them ~ I would love to see a Lapwing in our garden but sadly we have not ~ I have been enjoying "Merlin" ~ Enjoy your Movie and have a pleasant rest of the weekend ~ Ally x

Jeannette said...

That waxwing is gorgeous Joan. I wish we had blue skies here today, it was very overcast and started raining at teatime. I love the lighthouse photo. Have a great week! Jeannette xx

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

You are so lucky to still have some leaves on the trees. We actually have snow on the ground here today. Friday it was very warm. Strange weather.

We get BBC America but only have a handful of your shows. Love that channel though. Hope you and Stuart have a good week to come. xx

Missie said...

Have a good week.

Marie Rayner said...

Sounds a lovely afternoon Joan. We have not had any cedar wax wings here. I used to see them a lot in Canada. They are beautiful birds.

Sara said...

After reading this I wish that I'd been watching that Merlin thing too... sounds like just my cuppa tea! Hopefully it will be repeated - everything is sooner or later - then I will definitely make a point of watching it :o)
xxx

Yasmin said...

I was in london all weekend cold and miserable, love your daily photo, I haven't watched Merlin and missed strictly this week sadly, sound like a perfect Sunday afternnon to me..

Theres an award for you on my blog *smiles

Yasmin
xx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

There is an award waiting for you over at my journal today.

Blogs I read.