Thursday 31 December 2009

Farewell to the Noughties

sskhnytoast62 

Good evening for the last time this year. I do not have a lot to tell we are still under a foot of snow and barely able to get to the supermarket and back in the car, as far as walking anywhere the pavements (sidewalks] are like sheets of glass and we don't want to break anything, I think the hospital will be busy enough.  We did manage to stock up a bit today, was not needing very much still have plenty in from Christmas. We are not expecting anyone tonight, not like the old days when we had a houseful on Hogmany. It used to be the best of nights with all the first footing. Times change. So that is the end of the noughties the decade that changed the world and not for the best I am afraid to say,  we can only hope for more peaceful times in the Teens.  Will close this years Musings by wishing you all my online friends A Very Happy New Year and will drink to your health and wealth for 2010 at midnight if I am still up or in the morning. Bye for now take care and keep warm. Love

                                 sskhnysig711-Copy-Copy3-Copy_thumb

 

11 comments:

Bunny said...

Joan, thank you so much. I don't think I will be up, bed seems to be the warmest place, but I do have a warming whisky just poured, and I raise it to you both.
Keep warm and well in the coming months.
Lots of love
Bunny xxx

Sybil said...

Hi Joan, yes the times have changed from when we looked forward eagerly to the New Year Hogmanay..Down here in the South it has only ever been the young ones who went out and about and family who perhaps got togther to see the year in...Now that the younger ones have become "older" even they seem to have lost the will to party...They party all year round so what's different !!
Mary and I have stayed up but I really don't feel like it so very soon Mary is going home and I will have an early night. Tomorrow we are on our own so we have decided to have a few drinks then !! I had my sister and brother in law over today for a special dinner and as I say I am whacked.
My very best wishes to you and all your loved ones for a Happy Healthy 2010.
Love Sybil xx

Jeannette said...

I have to be at work bright and early in the morning so I'll be in bed before midnight! Best wishes to you and Stuart for the new year Joan and I hope the snow clears before the food runs out! Jeannette xxxx

Sugar said...

wishing you a bright & happy 2010!

Hollie said...

Happy New Year to you!

Jeannette said...

We used to keep Hogmanay when my Nan was still alive but after she went it went with her. Mike and I will watch the fireworks from London and then bed. Happy New Year dear friends Joan and Stuart and lang may ye lum reek.

Anonymous said...

'Happy New Year Joan' cheers :)

Lv.rache x

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

A big wave of snow and cold is coming our way for the New Year! Glad you are faring well in all that snow and ice. Keep warm and have Happy New Year !

Herrad said...

Hi Joan,
Hope you had a pleasant time last night seeing in the New Year.
I used to go first footing in Reading after a great friend from Scotland took me with him one year.
It was great fun and an excellent way to meet your neighbours.
Have a great day today.
Keep warm and well.
Love,
Herrad
ps maybe a wee hot toddy or two for the cold.

Kath said...

We saw the New Year in Joan,but it will never be like the old times, I agree with you.I hope your weather improves,it's so coooold here where I live no matter what I wear or try I cannot get warm at all Brrrr.All the very best to you and Stuart,may God grant you everything you wish yoruself.Stay warm be carefull if you venture out.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Julie said...

Happy New Year, hope all your snow has stopped and starts to melt soon.

Blogs I read.