Tuesday 15 December 2009

Time is Running Away

sskchristmasride8s2

Good Morning, I thought I would try to update my journal today as it seem quiet some time since I wrote a word again. I did do an entry last week but had a lot of problems and in the end I gave up and to be honest I could not be bothered trying again.

It is five years now since we retired and it has gone in so quickly it is alarming wish it would slow done a  bit feel my life is running away like the sand in a timer.

Last week we took our usual trip to St Andrews on Monday and I had my camera at the ready for the Interior Design shop that does lovely windows. I did not think they were a nice as last year but still lovely. Here they are it is a small frontage but they do a great job.

DSCN0429 - Copy

DSCN0431

On Tuesday we took ourselves off to Edinburgh I thought these windows were nice but you should have seen Harvey Nicks they were spectactular but no pictures I thought I would get arrested if I got my camera out.  Yesterday we were in Perth trying to finish the Christmas shopping nearly there now but still not happy about what I have for Stuart.

Using the phone is a big problem for me being so deaf it is not easy for me to hear what people are saying but today I hope all this is going to change. I am waiting for a delivery of a new updated phone for people with hearing difficulties I so much hope it works. Also waiting for a new set of pots they looked  really nice.

We have our small tree up now and the cards are arriving daily so the house is beginning to look quiet festive.

Will have Ellen from lunchtime tomorrow as her school breaks up for Christmas earlier than most.Have a few things up my sleeve to entertain here but I suppose the PC will be the main attraction.  Sure we will have a great afternoon as long as I can keep Scooby off the telly as then you don't get a chat at all with her.

Think that's about it for today off to read some blogs after I get dressed.  Take care,   

Christmas Love Joan.

 

15 comments:

Unknown said...

those windows are lovely.
going out to ASDA what a thrill

Sugar said...

nice to hear from you! the pics look nice & festive. i know what you mean re the phone, i don't hear well either, & just prefer not to talk on the phone anymore (was never big on a phone anyway). hope your new ph works out well. have a good rest of week.
huggies...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Those windows are lovely and I enjoyed seeing them. Time is flying by and it seems this old year 2009 is in a hurry to be done with. I hope your new phone does the trick. As I've gotten older my hearing is not what it should be but still can use the phone although I do have to ask people to repeat themselves sometimes. The phone here at work has an option to make the sound louder or quieter as needed. That is a blessing. It sounds like you'll be having some fun days ahead. Enjoy!

Jeannette said...

The shops fronts are spectacular. None of our shops decorate their windows. I hope your new phone is everything that you want it to be.

Dawn said...

I see that you and Stuart are still keeping busy. I enjoyed your pictures. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

Kath said...

Some of the shop displays Joan are out of this world.Absolutely beautiful.I took some of the store boyes last year.Don't know if you rememeber them,but they always put on a great display at the coastal store.Those of yours are lovely too.I know the feeling of being hard of hearing.People havealways to repeat themselves to me.I hope your new phone is a boon to you.The older one gets the time seems to speed up.It's my youngest sons 30th b/day today and it doesn't seem two minutes since I was rocking him in my arms LOL!!!Have a lovely week. The weather here today is terrible,freezing fog and rain and so dark and miserable.I am sick of having th elights on all day.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Missie said...

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Julie said...

Love the window dressings. I just have to get out and get some photos, it is so cold though. I need to get a phone like that for Rick, he is getting so deaf..

Sybil said...

Hi Joan, glad to see you this morning...loved the photo's it is so nice when the shops decorate their windows especially the smaller ones. Bet st Andrews was lovely. I would like to have seen Harvey Nicks as well. Never actually been into Edinburgh sinse it opened !! the very thought of trying to drive in town is enough to put me off !! brave you is all I can say...I hope that the new phone is a success, I am sur eit will make such a difference..
Love Sybil xx

Angie said...

I'm very deaf too Joan so I can sympathise there. Without my hearing aids I cn't hear at all. Has its advantages, mind you - when was the last time a thunderstorm or all-night party kept you awake? Our dog, at 16, is no longer frightened by firework noises or rain on the conservatory roof.

With displays like that, even window shopping is a pleasure.

love, Angie, xx

Jan said...

The windows are lovely Joan ,you remember Lavender Blue ,it closed in the summer ,another victim of the reccesion Im afraid ,I do hope the phone is a success ,Enjoy yourselves with Ellen ..love Jan xx

Unknown said...

I love your pictures. ust getting over the flu and catching up on my reading.

Jeannette said...

The shop window reminded me of the Lavender Blue shop that Jan used to take photos of then I saw her comment that it had closed. Christmas shopping for men is always a problem isn't it? Thank you for your card Joan, it arrived today. I think I've sent all mine now but probably have forgotten a few! Stay warm indoors, we had a blizzard here this afternoon! Jeannette xx

Sandra said...

Hi Joan, The wondow displays are lovely, I think they look really festive. I do hope you get your new phone soon, it must be so difficult for you without it. I know what you mean about Christmas gifts. I have part of Jim`s present but for the life of me I can`t find what I`m looking for for him, talk about cutting things fine! :o)

Love and Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Yasmin said...

Lovely pics Joan some shops to really make an effort don't and it really makes any high street look so much brighter.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Blogs I read.