Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas Eve 2009.

sskmerryChristmasbear613

 

Good afternoon, So here we are Christmas Eve and we should be ready for the big day by now. Things have not been easy here the last few days we are on day eight of the snow and it is one layer on top of the last. We now have about 8 inches of lovely white snow crunchy and firm giving us a beautiful white Christmas for the first time in a good few years. Temperature wise it has not been above freezing for days now so it it very cold dipping down to about 20f during the night and about 28f during the day so no sign of a thaw yet. We did manage to get out today for some bread and rolls and some fresh meat for our Christmas Eve dinner. Just Stuart and me but the sirloin steak looks lovely.

Yesterday Stuart took a couple of pictures of me in the garden feeding the birds and trying to clear a bit of ground for them to feed on. You feel so sorry for the ground feeding birds they cannot get to there natural food at all.  There is plenty of food in the feeders but of course they cannot get to that.

DSCF0952

I think you can see the depth of the snow we have its a long time since we had this much.

Think that's about it for now other than to wish you all wherever you may be a very Happy and Peaceful Christmas and I hope you can get to where you want to be. Till next time keep warm and safe.

DSCF0951      So from me to you have a great Christmas.

11 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We have very little on the ground and rain is predicted for tomorrow Christmas Day.So nice you put the feed out for the birds. I've been keeping a suet cake out for ours. I wish you a very Merry Christmas too.

Jeannette said...

Lovely photos of you Joan my dear and you certainly have a lot more than we had. Enjoy your sirloin steak, sounds delicious. I was going to ring you but we are more than a little behind as Mike took a bad tumble on the ice yesterday. Not broken everything but it is very painful. I will give you a ring between Christmas and the New Year. Have a grand time.

Jeannette said...

That should be not broken anything. I am in a complete muddle today.

Hollie said...

WOW, you do have snow! Merry Christmas!

Jan said...

How lovely to see you in the snow Joan ,I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas ..love Jan xx

Sugar said...

we're having rain, supposed to change over to snow tonight. love the pics!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Herrad said...

Hi,
Happy Christmas.
Love,
Herrad

Sybil said...

Dear Joan, I am sorry you have had so much snow. We are lucky in a way very little snow but what we have had has frozen into sheet ice making it very hard to get out and about. I have not been out sinse Sunday. But praying to be able to get up to my sisters for lunch tomorrow. The ice seems to melt a bit by mid day before freezing again as soon as it gets dark !!
Wishing you a very very Happy Christmas...
Love Sybil xx

Aileen said...

Hello! Joan, we have fair our share of Snow, but not quite as bad as you.

Best wishes to you and yours at Christmas
Aileen...X

Marie Rayner said...

Merry Christmas to you and Stuart Joan! Our White Christmas down here has turned to a Wet Christmas, but it was lovely while it lasted! Stay safe and warm and have a wonderful holiday! xxoo

Jeannette said...

You do have a lot of snow Joan, I'm so glad that ours melted eventually. After two falls I was sick of it! Have a great Christmas and stay warm up there in the frozen north!! Jeannette xxxx

Blogs I read.