Friday 12 June 2009

..This Weeks Grand Day Out

sskwelcomefroggie822

Good Afternoon, its a lovely afternoon here sunny and very little cloud. I have a very big washing blowing on the line including the our bedding and it will all be dry by the time I finish this entry about our day out this week.

Living where we do we do not always decide where we are going before we leave home. This week we headed towards Crieff as I wanted to buy a birthday gift for my daughter in law in the visitors centre as I am still unable to walk far with this knee of mine. That done with a stop in the coffee shop there for coffee and home made scones we then decided to have a run to the Sma Glen, Glen Quaich and Loch Tay. One thing about a run in the car you don't need to walk very far. This is a favourite run of ours we do this one most years usually earlier than this but with all my ill health this year we are running a bit late. The Sma Glen has been part of my life since I was a little girl we went there for picnics on my dad's motor bike and sidecar. Great days  they were and Stuart and I did a lot of our courting there too, so it is a very special place to me.

DSCF0887

 This a picture of Loch Tay where the River Tay rises and flow all the way to the North Sea at Dundee.

DSCN0210

This the River Tay at Dundee and the Tay Rail Bridge.

 

DSCF0886  This is a picture of a Crannog which is a replica of a medieval dwelling which is built on stilts in the middle of water to make it easy to guard in bygone days

DSCN0218

This is the head of a Thistle (very Scottish) that is just coming into bloom.

We really enjoyed our day out other than the camera running out of power, the camera we were using has a lithium battery and has to be charged at home and we don't have a spare yet will have to buy one as this is a bit of a nuisance.

Wonder where we will be next week, that is the question......... Love Joan.

8 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a beautiful place. I can see why you love to go there. Sorry you are still having problems walking. Hopefully you'll be on the mend soon.

Hollie said...

Goregous photos! Thanks for shraing. It looks like a wonderful place to visit.

I left an answer over at my blog about grits! Thanks for visitng me!

Sybil said...

That was alovelt trip today Joan, Thanks for sharing it. It is many many years sinse I was up the Sma Glen..it brought back some lovely memories..
Love Sybil xx

Sugar said...

lovely pics, ty for sharing.
i noted the animation is not working on the tag.
have a good wkend.
huggies...

Missie said...

Have a good weekend.

Yasmin said...

Wonderful pictures.you and Stuart really get around and make full use of your time i envy that. thanks for sharing

Hugs

Yasmin
xx

Jeannette said...

I've been to Crieff and Loch Tay, it's a gorgeous area, so peaceful and unspoilt. The photos are wonderful Joan. I'm sorry you still have problems with your knee, but I'm glad youre still able to get out and about into your wonderful countryside. Have a good Sunday! Jeannette xx

Unknown said...

I hope things improve soon for your poor knee. A walk in the car is a very nice alternative!

Blogs I read.