Sunday 8 February 2009

A Winters Day Walk and a Frozen Loch.

WINTERWEATHER

At last the first day we have been able to get out for a walk. We have been out twice today although the temperature has been below freezing all day, it was bright. This morning we walked to the bank for some pennies and a paper from the newsagents then this afternoon I wanted to go to the loch side to see what it looked like today, when it was so cold, and to see if it had frozen over.DSCN3321

As you can see it has, it's not all that thick, not bearing but about 2 inches. It is quite a few years since we have seen this. There are still some parts of the loch that have some open water which is great for the ducks and swan population.DSCN3322

It looks as cold as it felt today even being all wrapped up.

DSCN3333

Another one of the seats along the trail this one says..

Buchan warned of windy weather

When isobars are close together.

DSCN3331

A freshwater mussel I wonder if there was a pearl in it?

DSCN3328

DSCN3340

DSCN3339I think this must be a path the fisherman use in the better weather.DSCN3341 This is another one of the lovely carved stones on the trail what a wonderful job he has made must try to find out who did all the work on them. Will ask the warden first time I see her.

Kitchen wise all is well and all the units are in ,so next it is the floor just been choosing what to have. Beginning to look very nice.

So that's about it for today really enjoyed being out and about, as my back has been very sore, I think it is with sitting about so much, this last week or so ,but the weather one way or another has not been conducive to let us out very much. Till next time. Love

joan

15 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are a brave one to get out in the cold and walk like that. I don't like being cold and so 6 months of the year am housebound except for getting in my car to go here and there. 'On Ya'-ma

Jean said...

What a beautiful place to live. Hope you post pictures of your new kitchen. Take care, jean

Hollie said...

Your photos are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us...maybe the weather will improve before long...

Sugar said...

beautiful pics, ty for sharing them.
have a good upcoming week.
huggies...

Sandra said...

Hi Joan, I`ll bet you really enjoyed getting out and about. The loch is really beautiful and perfect for a Winter walk. The stone masons have done some excellent work and I love the bench enscribed with Buchan`s words. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Love and Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Jeannette said...

The photos are gorgeous. I love the header photo, you've got some lovely scenery around you! The carved stone is very beautiful and the frozen loch looks wonderful too. Stay warm up there. I'm glad you managed to get out for a while. Jeannette xx

Unknown said...

cracking photos

Jan said...

What a lovely walk ,you were very brave ,I loved the carving on the bench and the end of the wall ,Dont you get tempted to go skating now, the ice isnt thick enough yet ,stay in doors and thread all your pearls into a necklace hee hee ..love Jan xx

Bunny said...

Lovely wintry pictures, Joan. It is good to get out isn't it? It's just damp and cold here.
Bunny xx

Bunny said...

Lovely photos, Joan; it's just cold and gray here. Not very inviting.
Bunny xx

Jeanie said...

Wonderful photos Joan! I'm glad you managed out and about...even though it was bitterly cold.
I too have been indoors too long and need to stretch my legs soon or I will petrify. Lol!Glad your new kitchen is coming together.
Hugsies
Jeanie xx

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Lovely pictures, Joan, but very cold looking. Our ice is finally melting but I know that winter is still here. Glad your kitchen is coming along. Bet it looks super. xx

Sage Ravenwood said...

Gorgeous pictures hon. I could just imagine the cold from your words. (Hugs)Indigo

Ally Lifewithally said...

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your new kitchen ~ glad you were able to get out for a walk ~ Joan your picture are beautiful ~ it does look very cold though ~ Ally x

Kath said...

Hi Joan as usual fantastic pictures from you.I enjoyed the walk so much.Great seat there, I loved it.This weather gives me JIP too with my back OUCH !!.Roll on spring LOL!! Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Blogs I read.